“I've been listening since my 35-year-old son was 2 - we all loved Playground, and I still listen a lot!”
Saturdays 6 AM to 10 AM, Sundays 6 AM to 7 AM
Whether you are a kid or a kid at heart, The Playground has the fun music you’re looking for. Playing the best local, national and international kids artists, The Playground mixes nursery rhymes with classics like “Who Put The Bomp!” From Disney music and theme songs to Grammy-award winning and up-and-coming children’s artists, we come together for a morning of listening fun for the whole family.
Meet the DJ:
Hi, I’m Anthony aka Ant-The-Man! I’m currently majoring in writing, literature, and publishing but working in radio has taken up as much of time as all those subjects and I love them all. Growing up, you could’ve caught me reading Curious George, Captain Underpants, or Harry Potter (and you can catch me still reading those). I was born and raised in Boston, although my family is from the Dominican Republic. I always had an ear for great music for kids with my first CD ever being a Curious George Sing-Along album from Jack Johnson. My favorite songs to play on the Playground (as if I could even pick a true favorite) are songs that fill me (and you listening) with tons of energy; something like Backyard Super Kid from Justin Roberts or anything by the Aquabats.
Aside from radio and jamming out to weird and wonderful music, my other hobbies include writing short stories and reading all kinds of books, with my favorite being comic books. I’m a major movie fan with some of my favorites being Ratatouille, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Paranorman. My go-to TV shows include Phineas and Ferb and the 60s version of Batman because they can be hilarious, clever, and are endlessly imaginative.”
Songs we’ve recently added:
- Don't Slack from Anderson .Paak and Justin Timberlake from Trolls World Tour
- Top Secret Personal Beeswax from the Junie B. Jones musical
- Backflip from Rivers Cuomo
- Super Cool (ft. Robyn and the Lonely Island) from Beck
Do your kids love music, and want to get involved? Here are some resources we find really helpful!
- Watch celebrities like Rami Malek, Michelle Yeoh, and so many more read classic and new children’s books
- Hang out with Dr. Seuss and all of his friends, like the Lorax and the Cat in the Hat, in Seussville
- Have a dance party with the little ones while also playing some interactive games
- Get your inner Picasso going by printing out coloring pages for both kids and adults
Know another website we missed? Let us know by emailing email@example.com!