“I've been listening since my 35-year-old son was 2 - we all loved Playground, and I still listen a lot!” - A long-time fan of The Playground
Saturdays 6 AM to 10 AM, Sundays 6 AM to 7 AM
Whether you are a kid or a kid at heart, The Playground has the fun music you’re looking for. Playing the best local, national and international kids artists, The Playground mixes nursery rhymes with classics like “Who Put The Bomp!” From Disney music and theme songs to Grammy-award winning and up-and-coming children’s artists, we come together for a morning of listening fun for the whole family.
Meet the DJ:
Hello! My name is Jayjay (they/her). I’m a junior journalism major with minors in sociology and psychology. I’ve been a radio host since secondary school, where my main job was curating playlists and giving wholesome PSAs!
I grew up playing the piano, classics, and listening to Disney hits and everything my parents grew up listening to, particularly Air Supply. In my teens, I started following the K-Pop scene! Along the way I picked up the language — I was already fluent in four :]
Music aside, I spend most of my free time playing video games (mainly Genshin Impact) & watching anime! I’m waiting for a Hu Tao re-run . . . a show I recommend watching is “To Your Eternity,” because it’s so wholesome in the most heartbreaking way.
What we play on The Playground:
- Don't Slack from Anderson .Paak and Justin Timberlake from Trolls World Tour
- Top Secret Personal Beeswax from the Junie B. Jones musical
- Backflip from Rivers Cuomo
- Super Cool (ft. Robyn and the Lonely Island) from Beck
Do your kids love music, and want to get involved? Here are some resources we find really helpful!
- Watch celebrities like Rami Malek, Michelle Yeoh, and so many more read classic and new children’s books
- Hang out with Dr. Seuss and all of his friends, like the Lorax and the Cat in the Hat, in Seussville
- Have a dance party with the little ones while also playing some interactive games
- Get your inner Picasso going by printing out coloring pages for both kids and adults
Know another website we missed? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!